Tuesday, January 29, 2013

No Excuses

I have been struggling to keep some sort of routine in my daily life.  There is somewhat of a routine, with getting the kids off from school and what happens when they get home.  I even have a routine for getting my work hours in without having to sit up late (as I was doing previously).

When you are home or work from home, people have a tendency to assume you don't do anything during the day.  I'll admit, I didn't think being home would be so busy.  When you work outside the home, there is a certain busyness that comes with your job, some more hectic than others.  Some occupations require extended hours, swing shifts, and/or work to bring home.  When I left teaching, I somehow thought things would be less busy.

Wrong.

Running a household is not a relaxing walk in the park.  Sure, there are some days where there is time to sit and relax a bit, but on other days that is simply not the case.  Depending on the day of the week, I can be found scrubbing floors and/or carpets (done when no one is home so they don't get tramped on while drying), washing sheets and blankets, reorganizing something, meal planning, grocery shopping, and working.  These are the weekdays.  Weekends find me doing various things, depending on what is going on in my family's life at the time.

I've been sort of flying by the seat of my pants getting these things done because I never stopped to make a formal schedule.  I know.  Me, the ultimate list checker, without a schedule?  Yup.  Needless to say, it has gotten a little crazy around here and I just can't stand it anymore. 

Enter this website.  Ah, yes.  Something to save my sanity.  I've referenced this site before, but it wasn't until I was reading through some old posts this morning that something jumped off the page.  Literally brought me to tears.  This. Is. IT!  Notice that the word "forward" keeps recurring in the post's explanations.  Forward.  This singular word in its simple repetition brought me to tears.  Why?  Because this is the directive our church is following this year.  We are moving forward.  Like the song says.  Forward!

I now have no excuse to miss things in my day.  Everything is there, from prayer time (with which I was struggling to find a consistent time) and exercise (Let's just not even go there...) to household chores and me(!) time.  I printed it this morning and cannot wait to begin.

There is a saying that goes something like this: If it's important to you, you will make time for it.  If it isn't, you make excuses.

No more excuses.

Forward!

No comments:

Post a Comment